Terms of Sales
RESERVATIONS on GOATS:
By placing a deposit or purchasing an animal from us, you have indicated acceptance to the following agreement and terms:
1. A non-refundable $100 deposit for does and bucks is required to hold the reservation. This deposit will go towards the full price of the animal.
2. When placing a reservation, please notify us of your second choice pairing in the event your first choice in unable to be filled.
3. If your kid reservation is fulfilled, half of the remaining payment is due within 24 hours of being notified that your kid has been born and the remaining half is due at the time of pickup (8-12 weeks of age) unless using a third party transporter (see number 15 below). All payments are non-refundable, regardless of a cancelation of the sale from the buyer or failure to pickup the kid by 12 weeks of age by the buyer (unless otherwise discussedin advance and approved by Angelica Rudow at Creosote Pastures).
4. We will fill reservations based on the order we receive deposits. Please contact us with directions on how to make a deposit and verify availability of the reservation you are interested in.
5. Performance homes take preference over other reservations. If a more qualified reservation request is made ahead of another, the $100 deposit will be refunded immediately to the prior party.
6. Breeding pairs may change and will be updated as does are confirmed bred.
7. We will accept deposits for a maximum of one doe and one buck reservation per breeding. If the reservation list is full for the breeding of your choice, you can request to be added to our free waitlist for that animal which will put you in line for the next available kid. If the kid becomes available, half of the payment must be paid within 24 hours of notification that the kid has been born, with the other half payment due at the time of pick up.
8. When purchasing a mature animal, half of the total price of the animal is due within 24 hours to reserve that animal until pickup. The remaining half of the price of the animal is due at the time of pickup or 1 week before a third party transportation service arrives. Adult animals must be picked up within one month of the first payment made. Failure to pickup an adult animal within one month after the first payment will result in a forfeit of the sale. Any payment made on an adult animal is non-refundable. NO exceptions.
9. If your reservation is not fulfilled, you may roll over the reservation to the following kidding season, transfer deposit to another open reservation or request a refund.
10. No deposits or payments toward an animal will be refunded due to canceled reservations.
11. If a kid is not picked up by 12 weeks of age the sale will be cancelled. Deposits and partial payments on this kid will not be refunded.
12. Shipping and transportation is at the buyer's expense, and is the buyer's responsibility to arrange with a date approved by us (we work full time and must be able to meet the transporter for pick up). Please consider your transportation needs before making a deposit or purchasing an animal. You will be notified shortly after birth if your reservation has been fulfilled. Kids MUST leave our farm between 8-12 weeks old. Please have your transportation plans in place by that time unless alternate plans have been arranged and approved by us in advnace.
13. Due to Arizona's extreme climate that does not usually match the rest of the US, as well as our location and time constraints, we do not ship via air transport.
14. Kids must be paid for in full one week before being shipped by a third party transportation service. This includes all shipping/CVI fees associated with the animal.
15. All of our goats are registered with the American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA). We will register all doe and buck kids at our expense. We will provide a certificate of registry at time of pick up or shipping. If registration forms are not yet available at time of pick up, the registration form will be mailed to you. Registration through any other dairy goat registry is the buyer's responsibility.
16. We will dis-bud all goat kids prior to selling.
17. When placing a reservation, we have first option of retaining a kid before reservations are filled.
18.We reserve the right to keep any kid resulting from any of our breedings at any time. In the unlikely chance we decide to retain a kid that has been partially paid for, the full payment and deposit will be refunded to the buyer immediately.
19. We reserve the right to refuse any sale or acceptance of any reservation request/deposit at anytime for any reason.
20. Goats are herd animals and require the companionship of other goats. We will not sell goats to homes that don't already have goats unless you are purchasing more than one.
21. Once an animal is sold and has left our property, they cannot be returned due to bio-securty concerns.
22. Once an animal is sold, we cannot guarantee it's future health, growth, production or quality. We have spent a small fortune on quality animals from excellent breeding lines and have gone above and beyond to keep them happy and healthy. However, we have no control of the genetic combinations created and the resulting phenotypes or genotypes.
23. We will only sell healthy animals. Once the animal has left our property we cannot be responsible for it's health.
24. Any changes made to the sales policy will be clearly communicated to persons who have placed reservations.